Sony Xperia Z3 users can now enjoy the core hardware and software features, as root access is now available for the device.
Senior XDA member, monx, has shared the TWRP v18.104.22.168 file through which the Xperia Z3 can be rooted. The root method uses SuperSU file by Chainfire. The member has confirmed the root method works on Z3 variants such as D6653, D6603 and D6633 with unlocked bootloder.
Head over to the development thread to know more about the root release for Xperia Z3.
Those who wish to root their Xperia Z3 using TWRP v22.214.171.124 may follow the guide below.
Points to remember
- Install latest and working drivers for the Xperia Z3.
- Before following the guide, ensure that you have backed up all data of the device.
- The phone should have an unlocked boot loader. [Click here for help]
- If the phone goes off during the process due to lack of battery, it could damage the device. Therefore the phone should have above 80% of charge.
- The TWRP file and the root process work on Xperia Z3 models such as D6653, D6603 and D6633. Flashing these files on any other variant might brick the device. Therefore, verify the[color=rgb(243, 147, 59) !important][backcolor=transparent !important]model number of Xperia Z3 by navigating to Setting>> About phone>> Model number.
- Unlocking the [color=rgb(243, 147, 59) !important][backcolor=transparent !important]bootloader and installing root files will nullify [color=rgb(243, 147, 59) !important][backcolor=transparent !important]the warranty of the smartphone.
IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held liable for any damage to the device.
如何安裝 TWRP recovery到Sony Xperia Z3
How to install TWRP recovery on Sony Xperia Z3
Step-1: Download recovery boot file
Download link: bootZ3monxtest01.img
Step-2: Download ADB and fastboot file
Download link: adb-and-fastboot-files.zip
2.下載 ADB 和 fastboot
Step-3: Extract adb-and-fastboot-files.zip using any extracting tool to a separate folder on the computer
3.解壓縮 adb-and-fastboot-files.zip 到你的電腦上
Step-4: Copy the bootZ3monxtest10.img file to same folder where the adb and fastboot files are saved
Step-5: Press Shift and Right-Click on an empty space inside the folder and select Open command window here from the context menu. This will open a command prompt window
5.壓Shift鍵和 滑鼠右鍵 COPY檔案到一個空目錄下，開啟終端機
Step-6: Boot into fastboot mode. To do so first power off the phone. Press and hold Volume Up button. Connect the phone to the PC using a USB cable while holding the Volume Up button on the Xperia Z3
6.啟動SONY Z3 FASTBOOT模式(壓音源鍵+ 及 電源鍵，須事先安裝SONY USB DRIVER)
Note: Before plugging in the USB cable to Xperia Z3, ensure that the other end of the USB cable is already connected to the PC.
Step-7: Type in the following in the command prompt window
Step-8: Enter the following command
fastboot flash boot bootZ3monxtest01.img
Step-9: Wait for some time until fastboot completes flashing the boot image which contains TWRP recovery
Step-10: Reboot the phone by typing the following command
The Xperia Z3 should reboot into recovery. When it boots up the TWRP recovery should be installed on the phone.
How to boot Xperia Z3 into recovery mode
- Switch off the Xperia Z3
- Turn the phone and when the phone's LED notification light turns pink, start pressing theVolume Up or Volume Down button for a couple of times to boot the phone into recovery mode
How to root Sony Xperia Z3 using TWRP recovery
Step-1: Download the SuperSU root file
Download link: UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.02.zip
Step-2: Move the downloaded root file to a safe location on your phone
Step-3: Boot Xperia Z3 into TWRP recovery mode (Check the above mentioned steps)
3.Xperia Z3開機進入TWRP recovery模式
Step-4: In recovery mode, perform a Nandroid backup. It is optional but important if something goes wrong you can restore the current status easily. Navigate to Settings>> select all checkboxes and do a swipe on the Swipe to confirm option
Step-5: Go to Install>> head over to the location where the SuperSu file is saved. Tap on the root file, and then do a swipe on Swipe to confirm flash option at the bottom of the screen
安裝 UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.02.zip 並重新開機
Step-6: Once the installation process is completed, reboot the phone. From the main recovery menu tap on Reboot>> tap on System
The Xperia Z3 should now be rooted successfully with the TWRP recovery installed.6.ROOT成功並在桌面上看到SuperSU